Hi guys! This is my first loom band post, so I hope you enjoy it! It’s called the Lucky bracelet. This is one of my original designs.
This one will be text, the next will also be text with pictures, and I might get a video post afterwards. I can’t make any promises, so just read on for now!
TOP TIP:I think this bracelet looks great in one solid colour, like green, or pink, or yellow, or blue, or purple. You could also use jelly, metallic, neon, glitter, tie dye or Persian bands to complete the look for this bracelet.
YOU WILL NEED:
- A loom
- A hook
- Bands – Cra-Z-Loom: 37 for bracelet and for chain recommended 12, 49 in total. Rainbow Loom: 31 for bracelet and for chain, recommended 13, 44 in total
- An S Clip or a C Clip
METHOD – CRA-Z-LOOM:
- Begin with the open sides of the pegs facing towards you. Start by taking a single band and going down the centre of the loom once. This will be the end band.
- Using single bands, turn out the way to the right, so the second right peg, and out the way to the left, so the second left peg. Go down the centre twice.
- Stretch a single band from the second right peg to the fourth centre peg. Repeat on the other side. You should have a diamond shape.
- Begin again by turning from the centre out to the right, turning from the centre out to the left, going down the middle twice and connecting up. You should have two diamond shapes.
- Repeat all the way down the loom until you get to the last centre peg. You should have six diamonds.
- Now wrap a band around your fingers twice and place it from the last middle peg to the last right peg. This is your cap band. I like to stretch it out so I can get into my bands, but if you want you can just place it on the last middle peg instead.
- Loop up, and once you have looped the first diamond, take the cap band off the last right peg so it doesn’t get too stretched. Carry on looping.
- Once you have looped the last middle band, stretch it to the first left peg and attach your S or C Clip in the middle. Take your bracelet off the loom.
- It will not fit your wrist, so we will add an extension. Begin by placing single bands down the right side of your loom. You can place as many as you like. For smaller wrists you might only need six or seven bands, but I like to wear loom bands in comfort so I use twelve bands.
- Place the cap band from your bracelet over the next two pegs. Loop up your single chain.
- On the last peg attach the S or C Clip from the other end of your bracelet. You may have to pull most of your bracelet off the loom.
- Take your Lucky bracelet off the loom, and put it on your wrist. Adjust it, and there you have it! A Lucky Bracelet in 12 Steps!
METHOD – RAINBOW LOOM:
- Begin in the staggered configuration with your arrows pointing toward you. Start by taking a single band and going down once in the centre row. This will be your end band.
- Take single bands and turn out from the centre to the right, and turn out from the centre to the left. Then go down the middle twice.
- Stretch a single band from the second right peg to the fourth middle peg, and another single from the second the left peg to the fourth middle peg. You should be connecting a diamond shape.
- Carry on with the pattern until the end of the loom, by turning out to the right, turning out to the left, going down the middle twice and connecting up the shape until you have five diamond shapes on your loom.
- On the centre peg where your bands end, place a single band wrapped around twice and then stretch it to the next right peg. This is your cap band. If you want you can just leave it one peg.
- Start to loop your bracelet. Once you have finished looping the first diamond, pull your cap band back to one peg. Carry on looping.
- Once you have looped that last middle band, stretch it out to the first left peg and attach your S Clip or C Clip in the middle. Take your bracelet off the loom.
- It will not fit your wrist, so we will add an extension. Start by taking single bands and going down the right side of your loom. For small wrists you may only need six or seven bands, but if you have a large wrist and/or you like a bit of comfort, you might need up to twelve.
- Place the cap band from your bracelet over the next two pegs on your loom. Loop up your single chain.
- Attach your S or C Clip to the last band of your extension. You may need to pull most of your bracelet off.
- Take your bracelet off the loom. Put it on your wrist, and adjust it. Ta da! A Lucky bracelet in 11 Steps!
I hope you like this design. Thanks for reading!