Hi guys! Christmas is coming pretty soon, actually in a month, so I thought I’d do a couple of Christmas related loom band pages and posts for Christmas designs. I’ve got another coming up next week – the angel charm, and this week it’s the bell! This is in text form, so everyone can read it. Here it is!
YOU WILL NEED:
- A loom or monster tail
- A hook
- Bands – this time it’s the same for everyone, 49 yellow bands and 13 yellow bands, 62 in total
- An S Clip or C Clip
- Begin with your loom in the staggered configuration, or if you have a monster tail, in any position you like.
- You will start by placing single yellow bands with a twist in the middle on each peg for your monster tail, or for a loom, turning out to the left, then the right, going down the sides twice, then turning in on either side. This is layer 1.
- Place single yellow bands with no twist on top of all the others. This is layer 2.
- Loop up the bottom two yellow bands from each peg, taking them in towards the middle.
- Place single yellow bands with no twist on top of the remaining two bands on each peg, so you now have four on each peg. This is layer 3.
- Loop up the bottom two yellow bands, taking them in towards the middle. A web pattern will start to form in the middle.
- Continue placing and looping bands until you have placed layer 7 and looped layer 6. Now you will take the two bands from every peg onto your hook, making sure they don’t slip off the pegs in the process. Slide a single yellow band through them all, and keep it on your hook.
- Now switch to your red bands. Use your hook and make a single chain going up the way. Once you have used all 13 bands, S Clip or C Clip the end.
- Attach the other end of the S or C Clip to a couple of bands from the top of the bell. Adjust some bands around the bottom and squeeze your bell to a perfect shape. Ta da! You have a bell. Perfect for hanging on your Christmas tree.
Have you got any other ornament ideas! Leave me a comment! I’ll be posting the angel design next week, so come back next week for another Christmas tree design!